Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Within my blood work (from LabCorp), my Human Trans. Growth

Customer Question

Within my blood work (from LabCorp), my Human Trans. Growth Fact. beta 1 (TGF-b1) result reads 33,540 (pg/ml). Three months ago, my TGF-b1 reading was 18,880. Today, it is 33,540.
1. Should I be concerned? 2. How high is my reading of 33.540? 3.What might my number indicate? & what are the possible causes? Is this dangerous? Thank you for your time & your help.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just to clarify, my blood work results that I received today shows my current TGF-b1 level is 33,540. (Three months ago, my TGF-b1 level was 18,880.)
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Human Trans. Growth Fact. beta 1 (TGF-b1) levels are considered as protective in the nerve and brain disease like stroke, degenerative disorders of brain and central nervous system etc. It promotes healing and repair. In non disease states, it does not have much significance. TGF-b1 also has some role in bone formation and remodeling.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

If you could please tell me, why the tests was done and repeated, I can give your further insight to it.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you are doing very good. Let me know if I can anything further for you.