Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I do not normally have headaches but have had a continuous

Customer Question

I do not normally have headaches but have had a continuous headache in the area behind and/or above my left eye since 3:00 pm Monday and this is now Wednesday afternoon. it will ebb but does not completely go away. I am on vacation and not at home. what do you recommend I use. I take 2 ibprophin nightly for a problems with my hip. I am 66 years old and am on no prescription medications.
Category: Health
Expert:  Karel1 replied 2 months ago.

It sounds more like a migraine. You can try a few things. You can take either Excedrin migraine or much better than ibuprophen. Also try putting a hot compress over your forehead and eyes. Migraines tend to respond to hot more. You can try drinking black tea. Should it get worse or is accompanied with vomiting. Simply lying down in a dark room and going to sleep usually takes it away. If it gets worse and unbearable you may want to go to the emergency room where they can give you some stronger pain medication.