A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I get dizzy at the same time for the last 4 days, like I'm

Customer Question

I get dizzy at the same time for the last 4 days, like I'm riding waves
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. None.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a 1.8 pineal gland mass.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you with this.

What, if any, is planned for the pineal mass?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The neurosurgeon and neurologist say that until I have epileptic seizures and/or it hemorrhages, they won't do anything. I have debilitating migraines 4 days a week and haven't been able to work since the diagnosis in Jan. I rarely feel good. My heart acts up too. My peripheral vision has declined and sometimes I stutter and have memory lapses.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They say the mass is fluid filled but they haven't done a biopsy. I also get random temperature spikes with sweating. All my blood work has been checked.

Thanks for the additional information.

Dizziness isn't a common symptom of a pineal mass. Dizziness is more commonly from a problem with blood pressure, poor circulation, hypoglycemia, anxiety, an inner ear problem, dehydration. The fact that it does occur every day at about the same time may indicate that you need a small amount of food at that time. The pineal gland's function is to regulate the circadian rhythms by secreting melatonin to control sleep-wake cycles.

Your internist would be the one to consult with to determine if it's just a matter of needing a snack or if there is something else going on. Migraine is a common cause of dizziness.

Please let me know what additional information you need about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I eat regularly and stay plenty hydrated. I sleep at lot too. I'm not having migraines and dizziness at the same time or days.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Another thing that is different for me is that I haven't had the Depo shot renewal in 35 days and have yet to get a cycle. I haven't had a period in over 2yrs because I endometriosis and did the shot, but stopped. I was due July 11th for the shot. Could it be hormones or my heart? I've noticed my heart rate is fast when I get dizzy. Thanks

Hello again,

The migraines and dizziness do not have to occur at the same time. It's just that people who get migraines are also far more likely to experience dizziness than those who don't.

The vision problems are most likely related to the pineal mass, but stuttering and the heart isn't connected at all.

It isn't uncommon for someone to take 3 to 6 months to reestablish regular periods after having been on depo.

The heart rate will increase when you get dizzy, have pain, or nausea and in response to many other things.

I'm not sure what you mean by your heart is "acting up." However, this is something that would definitely need to be investigated by a cardiologist.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~