khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am just researching stomach bloating, for a good while now

Customer Question

I am just researching stomach bloating
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: for a good while now (6 months) nasusea not vomiting.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with IBS. HAd a hernia surgery behind my belly button about 6 or 7 years ago. thanks
Category: Health
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have pain and a little swelling on left side of stomach just left of my belly button to right under my belly button. When I press on it hurts and pain radiates further. When I eat or drink liquids my stomach hurts and the bloated is a lot worse. When I have a bowel movement there is like a line or a indention in my stool and it comes out ribbon like almost flatter with the indention.
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

Did you have CT scan of the abdomen? When you have a bowel movement, do you feel good temporarily? Do you have diarrhea-IBS or constipation-IBS? How old are you? Are you a male of a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not had a CT scan of the abdomen. I did have a colonoscopy and a endoscopy about 5 years ago they took samples and then diagnosed me with IBS. I had a hernia surgery behind my belly button twice about 6 or 7 years ago. I had a tubal ligation 12 years ago. I am female aged 34 years old. I am 5'5" and weigh about 130 now (gained a little with bloating). I have asthma and been on aulbuterol since I was 8 years old. I am tired all the time and very little energy. I take melatonin to sleep with an occasional sleep aid. I take a vitamin D3 and a B12 once a day. I have been having sharp abdominal pain every once in awhile but other then that I am uncomfortable with being bloated and full feeling all the time.

You should see your GI doctor to have a CT scan of the abdomen to exclude a hernia. If it is negative, you should have medications such as osmotic laxative, hyoscyamine (Levsin) or dicyclomine (Bentyl).