Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have been having jaw pain and numbness, with severe

Customer Question

I have been having jaw pain and numbness, with severe pressure under my left eye and a headache for about 7 days now. I started taking penicillin 4 times a day for the past 4 days, and it has subsided slightly. I am not insured at the moment, as I just started a new job, was looking up my symptoms to see if it was necessary to go to an urgent care
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No injury. Vision slightly worse when pressure and headache are at it's peak
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hypothyroidism
Category: Health
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

How old are you? Are you a female or male? How tall are you? How much do you weight? Any weight change? Exactly where is the headache? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Pounding or pulsating pain? Does anything make it better or worse? Does it radiate to somewhere else? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms such as fever, tooth pain, sinus pain? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is your stress increased just before your symptoms started?