Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

In February 2015, I began having what felt like rapid heart

Customer Question

In February 2015, I began having what felt like rapid heart beats, slight burning in chest area and finding it hard to take a deep breath. It didn't matter if I was sitting, standing, lying down, etc. My primary care provider is very thorough and sent me for tests relating to possible heart issues. All came back normal. After about 6 - 8 weeks, it seemed like all issues went away. About two weeks ago, I began having the exact same uncomfortable feeling and it's extremely difficult to describe exactly what I'm feeling. Again, it feels like my heart is racing and I have a hard time catching my breath. While I'm able to fall asleep at night, the past two nights this "thing" has been waking me up and again, feels like my heart is racing and have a hard time getting comfortable to sleep. I don't feel at all like a stressed out person and I have never suffered from anxiety. Do you have any other thoughts on what this could be? It is so uncomfortable, not painful per se, just uncomfortable. Any insight is appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 months ago.

To start with here have your tests includes a Holter monitor for 24 to 48 hours to follow your heart rhythm?

Have you been considered to set up a 30 day event monitor ??

I think the two above tests would be key with your history ...

Let me know these details and I will get back with you.

Best regards ***** ***** for now!

Anthony Bray MD