DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

What can cause tenderness on the crown ?

Customer Question

What cause tenderness on crown of head. I sneeze a lot always. Fluish and have bells palsy for 40 years. I have only been taking antihistamines.
I have had triple bypass in 2011, had an upperlobectomy in 1985. Keep getting shingles repeatedly that affect the mouth area. I always get gum pains as I have top and bottom dentures. There is also swelling in some areas of my gums with itchy ears and sometimes lick jaw as well. What could be happening?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.
Tenderness on the crown can be a skin problem. Or, a problem with the bone, or sinus, which is right under there. You need an exam from your doctor to start.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what does 5HIS mean ..and how does it get treated. What must my docter look for I had scan it was clear ..an why the itching
It means it could be a skin problem, or a nerve problem. If a nerve problem, it can be from the cervical spine, and an MRI of the neck would be needed. If skin problem, magnified exam.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you was hoping just advise what treatment. I did have an mri but scan was clear.