I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
You can call your doctor tomorrow. You may need to go to ER, if the blood sugar goes above 300. The blood sugar is controlled by following measures;
a) Exercises and physical activity.
b) Dietary measures.
c) Medications (oral and insulin).
Your medication doses would be modified by your doctor. But you need to be more active and restrict your diet. Do not eat any sugar or sweet food and also avoid high calorie food.
The basic fundamental of the diabetic diet is to consume low carbohydrate and low fat diet Also avoid sugar and fried food. Following is a sample diet;
1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal
Omelet (3 Egg Whites, 1 Slice Cheese, 1 Cup Broccoli)
Orange or apple
Light Tuna one can
Orange or Apple
3-4 slices of whole wheat bread
Water or Diet Soda
One cup whole wheat pasta
Two chicken breasts
One cup of cooked cauliflower
Half Cup Marinara Sauce
The general dietary advice would be;
1) Dietary fiber; Soluble fiber is present in foods such as beans, oats, barley, and fruits and vegetables.
2) Phytosterols; Phytosterols are present in small amounts in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. There are many products on the market that contain phytosterols for total- and LDL-C lowering. These products are orange juice, yogurt, margarine spreads, salad dressings, breads, cereals, milk, and granola bars. Phytosterols also are available in soft-gel pills.
3) Soy protein is healthy.
5) Alcohol; if one takes, limit it to 20-30 ml per day.
Following dietary pattern may be helpful;
1) Red meat in low frequency and amounts
2) Minimally processed seasonally fresh foods
3) Less than five eggs per week
4) An abundance of plant foods; fruits, vegetables, potatoes, breads, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds
5) Olive oil as the principal source of dietary fat
6) Fresh fruits as the typical daily dessert
7) Wine in low to moderate amounts; one glass per day for women.
Also read these authentic resource for the diabetic diet;
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.