Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have moving pain in right abdomen with bloating. There has

Customer Question

I have moving pain in right abdomen with bloating. There has been change in bowel movement. Now I get narrowed stool with darker color. Blood work , ultrasound n CT Scan came normal and now Doctor has recommended colonoscopy n endoscopy.. I feel pain in right side only and sometimes pain is in right back and right hip joint and I definitely feel pain originates in right abdomen.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

this is Dr. David

moving pain in the right abdomen can be due to gas or hard stool moving through your colon.

depending on your diet and what you eat, you can have sometimes hard stool or soft stool.

dark brown stool is not a worry. only tar black stool is worrisome for upper GI bleeding.

narrowed stool most often comes from soft stool or loose stools which can come from your diet or eating out or eating too much fiber or salads. it is not really a sign of colon cancer.

see this article

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18683051

right abdominal pain can be from ovarian cysts in the lower pelvis or small kidney stones or constipation or diverticulosis

right hip joint pain can be from joint inflammation or arthritis

it sounds like you are worried about having a right sided colon cancer.

colon cancer would tend to bleed and cause blood detected in your stools with occult stool blood testing.

and a CT scan would have seen a right sided colon cancer most likely

and at your age, colon cancer is super super super super super super rare.

more likely you could have IBS or irritable bowel syndrome or occasional constipation.

how is your diet? are you able to eat home cooked meals and more fruits and vegetables in your diet?

taking a probiotic daily could help add in more good bacteria into your bowels which could help

drinking more water and less to no sodas can help your bowels work better

regular exercise can help more blood flow to your bowels which can help your bowels work better as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

sometimes pain in the right abdomen below your rib cage can also be due to inflammation of your gall bladder.

gall stones can inflame your gall bladder

eating fatty meals or alcohol can also inflame your gall bladder

an ultrasound of your gall bladder below your liver may be a good idea to check for gall bladder inflammation and gall stones.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It all happened three months back.. Till that time I was completely okay with no pain at all. From past 3 months I am having all these symptoms. I'm just worried if everything looks normal in test results why Doctor wants colonoscopy and endoscopy.. The pain doesn't go away.. It's always there.. It's moving. Sometimes it is next to navel and sometimes lower right abdomen and upper right abdomen.. I also developed lactose intolerance 3 months back. If it is because of food then how can it stay for three months and still it's going, I am taking align probiotics too. Please help me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ultrasound of right abdomen has been done and it came normal too
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no stone in gall bladder
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also did you mean Crohn's disease or some kind of ulcer by inflammatory bowel disease?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please respond

colonoscopy can look inside to look for diverticulosis and other problems inside of your colon.

crohn's disease and inflammatory bowel disease tends to cause diarrhea and bloody diarrhea.

lactose intolerance tends to cause diarrhea symptoms.

do you get constipated?

have you tried to improve your diet? to eat more fruits and vegetables?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I always have bowel movement in morning but I do get a feeling of non emptiness. I don't know what it means but one thing I must say that it's not normal for my body . I never had any issues with digestion before and I eat only food cooked at home. I don't know which fruits should I eat more because few make me bloated.

you should keep a food diary of foods you are eating

and seeing which ones cause more bloating and worse symptoms.

regular exercise can help your bowels as well

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com