Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

What I actually meant to say is I had unprotected sex, took

Customer Question

What I actually meant to say is I had unprotected sex, took the pill the next day, then 14 hours later had sex again unprotected. Foolishly I thought it protected me against pregnancy for up to that 72 hour window with one step plan B , But since i took it befoe having sex again do i need To get another dose ? I def don't want to mess up my hormones that bad but I also don't want to risk it .
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 months ago.

I understand your concern.

One Step PLAN B works by delaying or stopping the ovulation.

So their is a fair chance that you will be protected since their is delayed ovulation in this cycle.

But One Step PLAN B may not be 100% effective and it may have a success rate of 89%.

In my opinion you can safely miss the next packet dose assuming to be protected from previous packet.But the protection rate may not be 100%.(May be 90%)