Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I was diagnosed with gerd a year ago, stopped my rinatidin

Customer Question

i was diagnosed with gerd a year ago, stopped my rinatidin last Dec until 2 weeks ago,, bad burping and chest tightness, statred takeing the pills again 8 days ago, tightness is there alomost all the time including a "fuzzy" feeling in my left arm. The gas and burping is gone, but I still dont feel right. @ years ago an agiogram was done, no blockages att all. Im 61 245 Lbs and my BP was 117 over 74 last week. thoughts?
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: wont call it shortness of breath, but when I lie down I get anxious and i feel palpitations I think.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope, Im not on any other meds, basically very healthy
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

how old are you?

I'm glad you had an angiogram done and your heart blood vessels are fine

that means your chest symptoms and left arm sensations are not due to your heart.

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? this can cause chest pressure and tightness and not feeling right and shortness of breath.

you may benefit from anti-anxiety medications to help decrease anxiety symptoms.

let me know if you have other questions.