Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My son is suffering from a really bad headache and nothing

Customer Question

Good morning
My son is suffering from a really bad headache and nothing I'm giving him is working I've given him tynole and ibuprofen. He has asthma and I can't give him to much because it will majestic is heart race. Help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

You may do following, which may help;

1) Mild massage of neck and head. Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of his headache. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

2) Cold compresses.

3) Ibuprofen should be avoided in asthma, but Tylenol may repeated in 4 hours.

If the headache does not relieve by the above measures, you need to get the prescription medications and following may need to be considered;

1) Sinus headache.

2) Headache due to meningitis.

3) Migraine.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I forgot to mention he's running a fever 101.8.

An headache with fever not responding to Tylenol and Ibuprofen need an evaluation by doctor as soon as possible. As discussed this can be due to sinusitis which is most common cause. Some viral fever too may cause headache. But it is important to rule out meningitis by a physical exam.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way experts are credited and compensated.