DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

Would higher than normal MPV affect DVT in anyway?

Customer Question

My MD does a CBC on me every 6 months. I'm a 57 year old female. I noticed on my test result print out that my MPV has been higher than the "normal scale for the last 2 years. It has gone from 12.2 on 7/2014 to 13.7 in 4/2016. All of these readings are above the normal scale of this lab (7.4 - 10.4), but Dr has not brought this up. My only health issues have been autoimmune thyroid disorder (Hashimoto's x 20+years) and a recent DVT. Should I be asking her about how this relates to the DVT? I am no longer on blood thinners, and only take my thyroid meds.
I am 5'5" and weigh 210 lbs. I occasionally get repeated pains, lasting like one second, in my legs that feel like electric shocks. Usually it will happen over and over for a few hours and then go away.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 3 months ago.

It is a meaningless value as long as your platelets are in the normal range.

That is why your doctor has not brought it up.

Your doctor will confirm this...please address all concerns to your doctor.

good luck

find me anytime.