Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I had a deep stretch tonight of my whole body tensing that

Customer Question

I had a deep stretch tonight of my whole body tensing that woke me out of my sleep. As I stretched, I felt a pop like sensation on my inner left thigh, about a third of the way down from my groin. It's hurting to walk, and I'm terrified of blood clots. I'm 30, f and not on BC pills. I take a daily prenatal vitamin, 300 mg of Wellbutrin xl, .5 mg of lorazepam as needed for panic attacks and 10 mg singular daily. I've been getting tremors in my left bicep with pain for 4-5 days hat just suddenly stopped today as well, and heart palpitations since increasing my Wellbutrin from 150 to 300 this past Friday
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: The pop sensation following the stretch and then pain was about an hour ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The arm stuff has been on and off for about 2 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Most likely it is related with problem with the compression of the nerves of the thigh, it can be either the Femoral nerve or upper lumbar nerve root. This can occur, due to deep stretching.
If you have such symptoms in lateral part or the side of the thigh then it is likely to be a disease called Meralgia Parasthetica. This occurs due to compression of a nerve called the Lateral Cutaneous nerve in the thigh.

Usually it is not a serious condition and will usually resolve on its own .At such young age, i would not panic for any serious issue like blood clot.You should wear loose clothing and take tylenol or ibuprofen.
You should remain away from lifting any heavy objects.
You can use Heating pads or hot wet towels on affected areas. You can apply it for 15-20 minutes and it can be done 3-4 times a day.

If symptoms doesn't start to improve in next 2 weeks, then you need-
-X ray/ scan
-Nerve conduction studies test.

Most likely, with above measures, you would be free from symptoms.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which area is the lateral area of the thigh? And thank you. I appreciate it. I'm making myself nauseous with some panic I think. My grandma had a massive day of strokes at 46 that left her handicap, and it just really scares me I think. My leg just hurts now and I probably need to get out of my head. I'll def try a Tylenol and see how I'm feeling.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear,

Please don't worry for serious issue like Blood clot.

Your symptoms are not related with such serious illness.

Lateral area refers to outside portion of thigh.

Most likely, such symptoms are related with nerve compression, and can be managed with measures, as advised in previous post.

Hope this helped

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see... This is definitely the inside of my thigh though. The outside seems fine actually. The pain is rather localized. It's not my groin tho, as it's about a third of the way down from there. Also- my apologies. My name is Ralynn.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear,

I can understand your concern.

Such pain in the inside part of thigh, could be due to compression of the nerves of the thigh.

Please don't panic. I am sure this is not related with serious issue like Blood clot.

Please don't worry for that issue. Remain away from stress and anxiety issue.

And start to use Tylenol.

God bless you.

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh