A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have had a clogged ear, is uncloggs sometimes since it had

Customer Question

I have had a clogged ear for months, is uncloggs sometimes since it had not hurt me I had not gone to doctor but now it starting to bother me and its tender the ear drum. I just tried putting drops in but it did not go down. Is this bad??
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: For about 4-5 months. I haven't had any colds or flu lately
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I think is my ear drum
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

It's time to have a medical exam for this. You may have fluid in the middle ear or an infection that will require antibiotics. It isn't possible to say what the problem is without seeing it. Ear drops will go only so far into the ear, then will come back out. If they aren't going in at all, it means there is significant swelling in the ear canal, which just reinforces the reasons to go for an examination.

Please let me know if you need additional information about this.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

You're so very welcome. Please don't forget to leave a positive rating.

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

I noticed you still have not rated the answer. I only get paid when I get a positive rating for each answer. It doesn't cost you anything, so I would appreciate if you would take a second to give me a good rating.

Thanks

Schuyler

~