Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I have a pocket under my cheek when I push with warm towel

Customer Question

I have a pocket under my cheek when I push with warm towel firmly I feel stuff flow into sinus and I can blow out my nose. Is this unusual??
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Went to GP 5days ago for sinus pain in cheek. Gave me decahedron and antibiotic shot. And antibiotics for the week. Just got pain relief when I did it just now.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well 25 years ago I had a cheek bone injury, I blow my nose the day of injury and my face around cheek blew up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you have a sinus or mucosal cyst or abscess which could contain an infection.

most likely that cheek bone injury 25 years ago caused this abnormal fluid conduit or fistula which is causing this fluid pocket to accumulate under your cheek.

you should see an ENT ear nose throat doctor about this and see if you can get it repaired by surgery.

or else, in the future, you run the risk of an infection getting into the area causing worse infection problems.

I'm glad your GP doctor started you on antibiotics and that seems like it is helping now.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using