DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

Can I repeat Reece's pinworm medicine in less than two

Customer Question

Can I repeat Reece's pinworm medicine in less than two weeks. I've taken twice and still have infestation.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor. Pharmacist said Reece's very much like prescription drug for pinworms.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine. Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. Yes you can take the medication again. However if the problem is not solved after the initial treatment then you should see your PCP for further assessment.

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 3 months ago.

You should not keep taking this.

This has not worked.

You need to be tested to see if it is pinworms.

And even if so, a prescription medicine from your doctor is needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here