Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

TN. I was put on tegreto last sunday but also got 125mgs of

Customer Question

TN. I was put on tegreto last sunday but also got 125mgs of solumedrol im. The pain returned after 4 days. Am i right in assuming the solumedrol did the trick and not the tegretol?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 3 months and nothing has helped
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a very traumatic extraction of 8 teeth 1 month prior to onset of tn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

this is Dr. David

Tegretol is also used to treat nerve pain such as trigeminal neuralgia

solumedrol is a steroid injection which decreases inflammation all over your body.

solumedrol will wear off in 4-5 days.

you may need a higher dose of tegretol to help you with your trigeminal neuralgia pain.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com