Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I had a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I have passed a little

Customer Question

i had a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I have passed a little gas, but not much. the day afterwards (yesterday) I hurt Very bad across my lower back and my stomach and especially on my left side. It still hurts today and just not feeling well at all. I haven't passed any blood and had my first bowel movement today. Just do not feel quite right or normal and was wondering if this is normal after a colonoscopy.? I did have polypos removed. I have had colonoscopies before and NEVEr had this much pain and discomfort. I d o have fibyromyalgia and not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Doctors office closed early today before I could get to call them. Should I wait till Monday or go to the ER?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 months ago.

I understand your concern.

It is likely that the colonoscopy has caused irritation of the intestines leading to gas formation and crampy pain.

You can Try OTC Gas X and Zantac.

If the pain is getting worse than you must go to the emergency room to make sure you did not have a complication such as a perforation.

If you have just mild discomfort and it is getting better as time passes then this would not be the case.

Try to take a very bland diet at regular intervals in order to give your intestine a chance to recuperate.

Continue warm compresses with a heating pad.

Hope this helps.
Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

May I help you more?
Waiting for your reply.