A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

It's a very embarrassing question but I 't want to go to the

Customer Question

It's a very embarrassing question but I don't want to go to the hospital.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I'm to emberassed. And no I'm not taking anything.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was masturbating with a hard pointed object and it cut me. I was gushing blood but it stopped. Thankfully. I'm not in pain but I'm scared and empressed. Will I be okay? Sorry about this disturbing question
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: It just happened a few hrs ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

If the bleeding has stopped, then you are probably fine. The interior of the lower colon is easily cut and bleeds profusely. If it continues to bleed a lot, you will need to go to the ER, but if it has stopped, it's okay. You will be sore for a few days, and should make sure you do not become constipated since this can further irritate the wound.

In future, makes sure you use only safe objects in your anus. There are plastic objects sold for that purpose that won't cut you and which can be thoroughly cleaned after each use.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was vaginal
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was inside and I'm scared i cut something very deep

Sorry about that. The basic answer is the same though. All genital tissue is readily damaged and bleeding is even easier from the vagina than the anus. If the bleeding has stopped, you should be fine. Avoid masturbation and intercourse for the next few days to avoid irritating it.

Since the bleeding has stopped there is little chance you've done any serious damage.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much!!! I was so embarrassed to go to the ER but I didn't want to go since it stopped bleeding. Thank you

You're so very welcome. But please don't ever let embarrassment prevent you from seeking medical help. Believe me, there is nothing we haven't seen in the ER - at least twice. LOL.

Be well,