Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I asked my former husband where s cancer was and what kid he

Customer Question

I asked my former husband where his cancer was and what kid he had and his answer was now my psa is 16.4. So I don't know what he is talking about and I won't ask him.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He lives in Montana and I live in South Dakota, We are divorced over 20 years now.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, PSA is a Prostate-specific antigen and is a protein produced exclusively by prostate cells.

The chance of having prostate cancer goes up as PSA level increases.

A reading higher than 10 may also just be benign prostate disease, but the higher the level of PSA, the more likely it is to be cancer.

As his level is 16.4 , so he may have been advised biopsy and prostate cancer diagnosis have been made

I would make clear that Neither the PSA test nor the rectal examination (DRE) is 100% accurate and can give an abnormal result even when cancer is not present.

Cancer of prostate is only diagnosed by- prostate biopsy.

You can check this link-

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards