Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician and I’m happy to help with your question today.
In medical terms it is called as Xiphoidalgia.
The main symptom of xiphoid syndrome is pain in the lower part of the sternum.
The pain associated is usually dull and aching. The intensity of pain varies from mild discomfort to severe pain.
The line of treatment is-
1. You should take analgesics and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) like Motrin 400mg thrice a day.
2. Heat application on affected part would be helpful.
3. Physiotherapy can help to sooth the pain and tenderness in the muscles attached to the xiphoid process.
4. You can also use Elastic rib belts, these are also a great way to reduce discomfort caused by xiphoid syndrome. The elastic rib belt provides pressure to the sternum and help to alleviate the pain.
5. It could also be related with GERD, if you have associated nausea, then you can take OTC Zantac.
Please take adequate rest, and most likely in few days, such symptoms, would get resolve.
Hope this helped
If you have any further question then you can ask me.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.