A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I would like to take a strong anti inflamatory since I

Customer Question

I would like to take a strong anti inflamatory since I noticed I have neoroma because t of my toes are separating from eachother. I looked up on the web and it explained that the nerves are being block from inflamation.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been under Dr. care because of 2 TIA's and just had an MRI and blood work and he is sending me for balance therapy which I think I walk just fine. but I know I do have inflamation before I even noticed my toes, except it feels like I have tape on the bottom of my feet
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: The tape feeling on the bottom of my feet has been about 6 months that I noticed it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have Afib, vertigo, and had hiatel hernia surgery which opened up again and know I was told I also have a hernia above the hiatal hernia. I also had back surgery with rods and screws on L4 and L5, Gee I sound like a wreck but actually doing great, even play golf twice a week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Do you possibly mean a Morton's neuroma? These are diagnosed by imaging; usually an ultrasound or MRI.

An anti-inflammatory is not advisable with a history of hiatal hernia, and possibly not after two TIAs. A cortisone injection is a better treatment if it is a neuroma, along with physical therapy, orthotics, and soft shoes. If necessary, outpatient surgery can be preformed to remove the neuroma.

Here is some more information about it:

http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/r_neuroma.cfm

A podiatrist is the specialist to see about your feet.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~