DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have a lot of problems with mouth sores and recurring

Customer Question

I have a lot of problems with mouth sores and recurring infection on tongue I am married to a dentist and I do take valtrex 500 mg 4 tablets as soon as I know its coming on I mean I can have this 8 times a year. It last for 15 days. But last night it came on so fast I got up this morning my tongue is literally covered gums are inflamed can barely swollow feels like
sores are in my ears and throat very weak feel dizzy earlier in the week I took a fall
and I almost feel like I could get some type of lock jaw. Could this be something else this
time. I have literally cried my eyes out today. Thank god I have some Lidocaine in the house of course my husband has been gone. I take a daily regimen of valtrex
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

It is very easy to tell if it is something else.

It gets swabbed and sent to the lab.

If that swab is positive for herpes [hsv] which is what valtrex treats, then that is it.

If it is not positive, the lab test will help show what it is.

It should be checked for herpes and also sent to pathology to look at the cells.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/