Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I was diagnosed with relapsing ms, sjogren syndrome and

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with relapsing ms, sjogren syndrome and vitamin disorder. I was admitted in the hospital for 5 days for I've steroids for the ms. I got released and I'm now on cop axons, muscle relaxers, intiflamatorie melds, pain pills that I take on bad days, vitamin D, B2, B12 and I also take Advil to ease the soarness. I worked hard to return to work and before returning I had to take a physical and a 10 panel drug test. I started working and 4 days later I was called to the hr office and told that I cam up positive for marijuana, I never did it in my life. Before having ms I never even took an aspirin. I tried telling them of my conditions and the Medes I'm on and they test that the lab tech marijuana is marjuana. I've talked to my dr and he says that's not true because my immune system is worn down and my metabolites are also messed up. I rushed to get back to work and this is was I get for doing the right thing c/o rushing back, I'm still having side affects and double vision, along with all this stress I've has a relapse from the stress. So what I'm asking is it possible that I could've came up possative c/o my condition? No one seems to want to believe me and they signed me up for a drug abuse program where I have to admit that I have a problem when I don't. I've been told to contact the ADA and MS society which I'm already a member of.
Thanks, Bill
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello Bill,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Your medical conditions are likely to cause positive for Marijuana. Your medications may be the culprit here for false positive test. You need to appeal and that would call for another test which is called Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS) test. This test is like finger print test for the drugs. That should exonerate you for drug abuse.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
According to the policy if it came up positive they were suppose to have done thence-ms test.

Yes, this should be confirmed by by GC_MS testing. But many times it is not done unless the test is appealed by the patient.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: