DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I hsve what appesrs to be an insect bite on my left cheek

Customer Question

I hsve what appesrs to be an insect bite on my left cheek that is infected and have minor shooting pain in my neck (left side) and left arm. Should I be concerned?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: I thoght it was a pimple but it has a small hole and very red with pus. The pain to my neck is only intermittent. My arm feels sore. It started aboutv4 days ago but pain and soreness only started today.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i am diabetic. Type 2. I take meds everyday.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 3 months ago.

Infection can spread.

Shooting pain is not a good sign and can even indicate a spider bite, from a brown recluse, for example.

This can all indicate allergic reaction as well.

Go to urgent care or the ER.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here