Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University

I started with a sore throat and now my mouth will not stop

Customer Question

I started with a sore throat and now my mouth will not stop watering, constantly need to swallow every few seconds, was unable to sleep last night because of it
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you have a cough?
Customer: No cough and the sore throat started two days ago and I just noticed the watering last night
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really, I have had a history of throat issues that when my doctor checked, he said they were allergies but I usually don't get the watery mouth, that is once in awhile and I just want to know how to dry it up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. The problem you described is most likely caused by allergic rhinitis causing post nasal drip. You can use an over the counter intranasal steroid twice a day to decreased the sensation. The symptoms should improved in 3-5 days. If the symptoms persist you should follow with your PCP. Let me know if you have any other questions.