DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I am having pain on my left side under my rib cage. I

Customer Question

I am having pain on my left side under my rib cage. I thought it was a muscle sprain but it's been about 5 weeks now. It only hurts with movement or when I press in. Any idea what the issue could be?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: About 5 weeks. Moving around twisting, lifting, or bending to the side increases the pain. Sitting or resting it feels fine. Sometimes I aches but I notice the pain first thing in the morning when I wake up
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 28 years old, female
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Pain in this area can be

muscular

pancreatic pain, from inflammation, often due to gallstones

colon pain, transverse colon , from inflammation of any cause

trapped gas

stomach ulcer or gastritis.

You need an exam to narrow this down.

See an internal medicine doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/