Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I'm currently 6-7 weeks pregnant, according to my HCG levels

Customer Question

I'm currently 6-7 weeks pregnant, according to my HCG levels (1760) My progesterone level was 5.4, very low. I've began taking progesterone 100mg 3xs a day. Could this still be a viable pregnancy with such low progesterone levels?
JA: Sounds as though you might have some questions about pregnancy - you've come to the right place. The OB/GYNs we work with are available 24/7 to get you the answers you need.
Customer: Great.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've had previous miscarriages prior to my last sons birth. I was prescribed progesterone with him but was never informed of my lab levels.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

Progesterone levels rise throughout pregnancy but normally range between 12 and 20 nanograms per milliliter through the first five to six weeks of pregnancy.

there is still a chance you could have a viable pregnancy.

more time is needed to see if your HCG levels continue to go up

when is your next follow up with your gyn doctor?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had a second blood draw today. May not get the results until Monday. They have me scheduled for an US on Tuesday. I have yet to talk to my Dr.

I see.

I'm sure you are worried.

the blood test are to look for your bHCG to make sure they continue to go up

and also to check your progesterone levels, hopefully they come up.

ultrasound will help as well.

best of luck to you

do you have other questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how long does it take for the progesterone to "take effect"?

it should start to work right away.

but if the embryo didn't implant properly in the uterus, if the progesterone levels are low, the uterus may not be ready to accept the embryo.