Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I started my prep today as far as fasting. I have followed

Customer Question

I started my prep today as far as fasting. I have followed the sheet I had 2 pieces of toast and no more than an ounce of cheese. Im already hungry this is going to be ruff. Do you think when I take my mixture around 4 it will cut down on the hunger around 4ish?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

Yes you should feel some relief of hunger when you are taking oral prep but expect it to be incomplete "relief"

Good luck with your prep day today and then your procedure

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok, yea I figured with having to constantly go to the bathroom it will take my mind off the hunger. Are there any drink that may provide substitution they gave me a list off drinks I can have. The one thing I got from it was nothing red because it can look like blood. I saw lemonaide, apple juice and gator aide was recommended to prevent dehydration. I think I saw broth was ok too.

Hello again,

Yes a broth should BE fine -- I agree ...you are right nothing with red dye ...I would avoid other intense dyes as well(blue or orange for examples )...more clears or light colored fluids ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Well the gator aide I have is orange.It only really comes in those flavors. Does broth help with hunger?

Hello again,

Yes broth would help with your hunger ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yea I called the office I ran to CVS and bought some and tossed it in the microwave lol. Chicken Broth minus the chicken.

Yes that should help! Take care !

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes it has made a diff, I feel better. Can I take it while I am taking the solution if I get hungry later. I am leaving work at 3:30 going to take a pill they gave me at 3:45 and then when I get home around 4 min my solution and then around 5 start drinking the 8 oz every 20 min.

Yes you could have some both this evening but you are going to be very busy with the prep it sounds ....I doubt that you will crave much while taking the prep solution ....

Take Care ---

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yea I have to drink all 64 oz mixed

Sorry .... Hang in there !

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ill be fine I just want to get it over with and have answers tomorrow!

Yes , I understand

It won't be long and you will have it over with and get answers from your study ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Well I took the two pills that didnt make me go to the bathroom but I just took the first 8 oz of the mix and I feel stuff brewing already. Should I be concerned I didnt go to the bathroom after taking the pills they were called Bisacodyl. Im going to take 2 more later tonight I beleive

Hello! No you will be cleaned out when your prep is more complete ... Don't worry ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK because I have drank 3 8 oz cups so far and have not gone yet

You will ....give it a little more time and it start in a while ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK because I just drank my 5th 8 oz nothing yet. Its like I can feel an urge in my anus but not enough to make me go yet.

Be patient ...many hours until tomorrow ...I'm sure that you will be getting results from prep within next couple of hours now ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK I did go once, but im a few cups away from finishing the 64 ounces. After I went the urge went away I guess it will come back soon.

Hello again,

It will continue ....don't worry ...it takes time ....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I did and now I go in little spurts think I've gone like 6 times now. I feel nauseous though I'm cursing that's from all the mix from the laxative. Now I only have one more step left I have to wake up at 1 am and take a bottle of magnesium. Hopefully I'll only go like one from that.

Yes the prep is a pain...that seems to be common complaint ...

As I've said just hang in there ....bad night but soon will be over ...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hey Dod its me now im worried I wont stop going. Its 5:30 am and I am about to be on my way to the hospital and IM STILL GOING! The procedure is at 7:am! Why am I still going!?

Hello again,

That is normal actually ....

The prep cleans out the bowel...

It is common to be up all night the night before ...

Good luck with procedure

I hope that all goes well...

Best regards ...

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I'm back home and it's as I suspected he found nothing that stands out. So I guess that's good news but now we still don't know lol. He did take some samples to test for colitis or chrones. But everything was fine to the eye sooooo as of now it's les omg towards ibs. Soooo we have answers but not all.

Hello again,

Well that is good news !! If IBS that is aggravating but helped with treatment .Be thankful for the terrible things that could have been but so far NOT FOUND!! That is a reassuring result...

Take Care -- let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread

Thank you !!

Take Care !

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yea believe it or not im still going to the damn bathroom! lol Ughhh Im just happy I dont have to deal with this for a very long time again. I did eat something though. I just want all this crap out of my system.

Hello again,

Yes I believe ....you pumped your GI tract full of fluid that is designed to pull even more fluid from the intestine to flush through you ...

It will settle down ...hang in there !

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes I am happy, that they didnt see anyhting bad. The one thing this does is now I can put that Cancer fear far behind me now. Now I just need to find a way to treat this

Hello again ..

Well with IBS I would start with regimen of Levbid twice a day and daily Metamucil ...your gastroenterologist may put you on similar type plan ...there are different regimens to treat ...matter of finding best for you ....

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD