Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I'm a daycare provider and I have a child that had very

Customer Question

I'm a daycare provider and I have a child that had very small rashes yesterday. Today it was FULL around hand mouth and feet I believe that is hand foot and mouth disease. The doc confirmed it tonight however told her that she could return to daycare Friday just 2 days before and 2 days after the rash . My experience in the past was until the rash is GONE they should return? I'm not sure what to do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Coxsackie virus is the most common cause of HFMD(Hand,foot & mouth disease).This disease is very contagious (easily spread)..Treatment is usually not needed as the body's immune system clears the virus and symptoms go away after about 7 to 10 days.

Generally, a person/kid with hand, foot, and mouth disease is most contagious during the first week of illness. The virus can remain in her body for weeks after the signs and symptoms are gone. That means she still can infect others.though to a lesser degree.

This child should stay at home until her symptoms resolve.Afterwards she should avoid close contact with her peers, such as allowing others to eat or drink after her.

So bot***** *****ne is yes,she should stay at home & avoid day care till her rash/symptoms lasts/go away completely.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh