Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician

I was diagnosed with strep throat on 6/22/2016. I was given

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with strep throat on 6/22/2016. I was given an antibiotic that I only took a few pills from and didn't take the rest (I kept forgetting to take my meds) Now my throat is still sore and the lymph nodes in my neck and still very, very tender.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to the site.

I am sorry to learn about your condition and i empathize with you.

Well, you should have completed the full course of anti biotic therapy as prescribed by your doctor because now what you have is relapse of the strep. infection so without wasting any more time you need to get back on the antibiotics but the dose of anti biotic and duration of treatment will have to be revised so visit your doctor and get the drug regime revised.

There is a possibility that your doctor will have to use a new antibiotic since by not completing the course of the previous one you could have made your body resistant against the former drug thereby warranting a new one to counter the infection effectively.

I hope this makes sense.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.