Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Pounding in left ear, no earache blood pressure and heart

Customer Question

pounding in left ear , no earache blood pressure and heart rate normal, what is causing this?
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: no healthy no dizziness just pounding in left ear had this about a week ago went to er they found nothing but can't sleep because of noise
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i take metoprolol for blood pressure i take ativan for panic attacks i also take losartan for blood pressure , 1 81 mg aspirin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

The pounding in the ear can be due to tinnitus.

There are many causes for tinnitus , but some times no cause can be evident also. The causes may be -ear infection, exposure to loud sound, ear wax, stiffening of bones of the ear.

There may be vascular causes like blood vessel malformation, or abnormal flow of blood may lead to this feeling.

Sometimes anxiety may also aggravate it.

You should take OTC nasal decongestant like Otrivin.

It is advised to undergo an ear examination by an ENT specialist for further evaluation to rule out eustachian tube blockage which result in tinnitus.

You may try masking devices (Tinnitus maskers )similar to hearing aids, these devices produce a continuous, low-level white noise that suppresses tinnitus symptoms.

Try sleeping with your head propped up in an elevated position which lessens head congestion and noises may become less noticeable.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Wish for good health.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.