Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My Son has Swimmers Ear Infection & we can't get the drops

Customer Question

My Son has Swimmers Ear Infection & we can't get the drops to go into his ear canal.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: No flu or colds. He had it a couple weeks ago & we have an antibiotic from the Doctor.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

How old is your son?

Is he having pain in ear now?

Any discharge from ear?

Any itching in ear?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Swimmer's ear, or external otitis is typically a bacterial infection of the skin of the outer ear canal.This happens when water, sand, or other small debris irritates the delicate skin in the ear canal.

To cure this infection,ear drops containing antibiotics are usually required for 10 to 14 days.Oral antibiotics are required if your son have a middle ear infection or infection that spreads beyond the ear.

In most cases, your symptoms will start to improve within a few days of starting treatment.

Antibiotic ear drops are available only by prescription & is not available as over the counter.

So bot***** *****ne is you need to get prescription of these medications from your doctor.This will help him greatly to cure the infection.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

I hope my answers helped.If you still have any questions,I am happy to answer you further.

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello??
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

I am online.

Do you have any follow up question.Please ask here.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please leave positive rating once you are finished above the chat box so that I can get credit for helping you today.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh