A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Im a smokless tobacco user a few days ago i dipped and under

Customer Question

im a smokless tobacco user a few days ago i dipped and under my jaw started buring the next day i had sore throat and lymph node swelled im 43 and have dipped on and off for 5 years
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you have a cough?
Customer: no cough just crazy scared , my lymph node is going down , a little tender dont know if from me touching it or not
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

You may have had an infection that caused the pain and swelling of the lymph node. Nevertheless, you are now aware of the dangers of tobacco, even if you don't smoke it.

If the pain continues you will need to see your primary provider. If it's an infection, then antibiotics will be necessary. A small stone in a salivary gland is another possibility. These generally clear on their own. Lymph nodes will always swell when there is any inflammation or infection in their area. That is a symptom that is expected.

Please let me know if you need additional information about this.

Kind regards,