DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

Customer Question

THIS IS A MEDICAL QUESTION. PLEASE RECATEGORIZE.A friend of mine in Orlando, FL needs to see a psychiatrist (per his general practitioner). He is on medicare -- Florida Wellcare. We have been unable to find any psychiatrists in his area that accepts this plan, sees adults, and is seeing new patients. We have contacted Wellcare for a list of names already and reached out to the regional NAMI group. I think he could also be treated by an internist who is familiar with major depression, but I don't know who to find that kind of doctor. Any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 3 months ago.

HEre is a reliable list of internists in orlando.

They all probably take medicare.,

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here