A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have pain in the upper legs from the ps to the knees.

Customer Question

i have pain in the upper legs from the hips to the knees. waking up hurts more at times. the hips are also involved at times. This is approx. 2 months duration.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: starting an increase in flecainide , 50mg to 100mg, 2 months ago. this is to prevent affib.can this Rx cause this type of condition?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

While some numbness and tingling (all over) can be a rare side effect of flecainide, pain isn't.

The distribution of the pain makes me think of pressure on the spinal nerves. This may be made worse by sleeping position, for instance, or anything that aggravates the nerves. Here is a diagram that shows the distribution of the nerves from the spine. The area you describe would be from L1-L4.

An orthopedist would be the specialist to see, although your primary can order a CT for this.

Please let me know if you additional questions.

Best regards,