DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Son has had iritation/fungi/toe hole yrs everytime he wears

Customer Question

son has had iritation/fungi/toe hole for 3 yrs everytime he wears his waiders fishing it gets sore again~ it all started in a creek wet feet now dead skin and sore inbetween pinky and toe? brother in law dr said wart? we dont think so his tagamet w anti funfal never worked?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: no just that overall very healthy skin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.

Hi

This needs to be swabbed for the lab.

He probably needs a prescription antifungal, not over the counter.

Take him to the doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/