Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Well, such symptoms are indicative of Viral flu.
This a viral origin flu, and which has caused congestion throat tissues and cough. It could cause pain in throat and body ache.
To control this, please take the following steps:
1. Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
2. Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
3. Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
4. You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
5. Take Tylenol for pain. You can start at two tablets every four to six hours as needed.
6. You should take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC), Also take Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC) and Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).
Viral symptoms, usually get resolve by its own in 4-5 days.
Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the congestion.
Vicks cough lozenges will also be helpful. You can take Robitussin Maximum Strength for cough.
Most likely, with such measures, you would be free from symptoms in next 3-4 days.
I wish for your good health.
If you have any further question then you can ask me.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.