Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My wife has a bee sting ice is the only thing that stops the

Customer Question

My wife has a bee sting ice is the only thing that stops the pain. We can't apply ice all night. Any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

In most of the cases,bee stings can be easily treated at home. Following will help your wife greatly:

-Wash the site thoroughly with soap and water.

- Place ice (wrapped in a washcloth) on the site of the sting for 10 minutes and then off for 10 minutes.Its good that you had already applied it.

-Over the next several days, watch for signs of infection (such as increasing redness, swelling, or pain).

-Take tablet benadryl (anti allergic) once a day.

-Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.

-Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the swelling & hence provide pain relief greatly.

All these medications are available as OTC at your counter without any prescription.If this doesn't help in 24-48 hours after this treatment then you need to see your doctor & accordingly antibiotics may be prescribed if the infection is confirmed.

Usually & most likely this will provide her relief from pain & treat her symptoms with above described medications.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

If you have any further question then you can ask me.
I'm here to discuss further query until you get satisfaction.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh