Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

About three weeks ago I got an injection of Decadron p pain.

Customer Question

Hi, about three weeks ago I got an injection of Decadron for severe hip pain. It help me a great deal. I was wondering how soon I could get another injection because I have over done it and my pain is about at level nine again. Thanks.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started in August 2015. For quite a while it would flare up when I was real active like yard work or washing my car. If I would rest for a few days it would go away. About three weeks ago it hit me and hasn't let up completely. It would settle to a tolerable level but most any physical activity would make it come back. The only thing that gives relief is sitting or laying down and doing nothing.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have degenerated disc disease, a bulging disc in my low back and a few more issues with my back. As I do not have insurance I am not in a position to do expensive testing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Decadron injection can be taken again in every 2-3 weeks. So you can get it repeated now. This is a good anti-inflammatory and is likely to help you. You may simultaneously try physical therapy and deep electrotherapy too.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.