Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

In regards to my prior issue I've now started my

Customer Question

Hello in regards ***** ***** prior issue I've now started my menstrual cycle but there is an orange color to it. Started hydrating better still no pain or discomfort what could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

I read your previous question posted here and answered by another expert. Your symptoms and orange color can be due to;

1) Mild grade infection of the internal lining of the uterus.

2) Hormonal issue like thyroid.

You may consider taking probiotics, apart from plenty of fluids. Gatorade too would help for the electrolyte maintenance.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What would cause that type of infection and what antibiotics are usually given to treat it?
In case of thyroid issues would it be hyper or hypo thyroid issues or could it be early menopause?

A vaginal swab / culture test is able to confirm the infection and also tells about the best antibiotic to teat it. Usually Amoxicillin and Clavulinic acid combination is good. Hypothyroidism is more likely than any other hormonal issue. But again blood tests would be needed to establish it.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you are doing good.

Please let me know if I can do anything further.

Hope you are doing very good. Please let me know if I can do anything further for you.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are compensated for time and expertise.