A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have a sore on my front forearm 4" below the elbow. It

Customer Question

I have a sore on my front forearm 4" below the elbow. It started out as a small red bump, so of course I picked it open and squeezed it. Some blood and clear fluid. Now I have ever 1/8" white bump with a small scab in the middle. The area around the bump is red, inflamed. The whole area itches. It's been this way for 6-7 days without change. Note: I am Type I diabetic. Anything I should do besides just leaving it alone?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

Since you are diabetic, you need to see your medical provider for antibiotics. This does sound infected and infections are easy to spread in someone with diabetes. Of course, leaving it alone is essential. Until you can see someone, you should gently clean it, apply Neosporin or another antibiotic cream, and cover with a bandaid. Repeat daily.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards,