Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I went to the doctor, and received my blood results. The

Customer Question

I went to the doctor, and received my blood results. The doctor informed me that I had HSV 1 and HSV 2. IgG.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: I was surprised, because I am 50 years old and have been celibate for 5 or 6 years.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I could not sleep last night
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: index 0.00 -0.09
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

IgG is a long term antibody. So even if you had a transmission many decades ago; this will come positive. IgM is for recent infection. Many times a previous transmission may not show any symptoms and later on manifestations may occur. In some people, HSV symptoms may appear even a decade later of the transmission.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Hope you are doing very good. Please let me know if I can do anything further for you.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are compensated for time and expertise.