I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Following measures would be helpful for the short term constipation;
2) Fruits (especially dried fruits)
3) Cereals like whole wheat, bran or oatmeal
5) Grainy breads, such as whole wheat, rye or pumpernickel
6) Legumes, such as chickpeas, baked beans and lima beans
7) Dried plums (prunes), and prune juice
You can try ground flaxseed sprinkled on salads, cooked vegetables, and cereals. PeptoBismol too can help which is available without prescription. An home use water based fleet enema too can be tried if you have not passed motion for couple of days. Pain relievers can cause constipation and is a common known phenomenon. If symptoms are significant; you should seek the prescription from your doctor.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.