Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Owen Im jorge, my question is about your comment on people

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Owen Im jorge, my question is about your comment on people with a immunocompromised patients. I had a kidney transplant 3 months ago and recovering slow due to an existing 2nd time surgery on a hernia at the same time and place where the transplan and after I check in at the hospital because I had high fever 102.8 F. Headache and body aching, a lots of antibiotics were given and I was release 5 days after with no diagnostic and or cause for such event. Since then and once at home for 2 weeks, my temperature vary from 75.2 to 76.4 is this most commonly usual on kidney transplant patients and Im I consider a patient with immunocompromised condition?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

You are considered as immunocompromised as kidney transplant patient need to take medicines which prevent the graft rejection. These medicines keep the immunity lower than the normal people. A fever after hernia surgery in your case is likely due to some infection (because of low immunity). Many times this infection cannot be identified as the organisms are multiple and our present culture methods may not able to grow the bacteria and virus which cause the symptoms but do not give enough colony to grow on the culture medium.

Your present low body temperature is though unusual. This need to be investigated. This is not common post operative and can be due to side effects of the medications. You may need culture of urine, blood, sputum for the initial screening to ascertain the cause, with the blood counts.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Hope you are doing very good. Please let me know if I can do anything further for you.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are compensated for time and expertise.