Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was just looking at my bloods i ghad done recently, my

Customer Question

i was just looking at my bloods i ghad done recently, my levels that are high are AST 38 ALT 152 GGT 75 CHOL 6.3 CRP 3 ESR 16 should I be concerned?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: i am usually healthy, regular exercise, don't drink alcohol or smoke. I have an 18m old. I have been feeling 'foogy' lately and notice my legs get tired when exercise, well before I am out of breath
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no previous medical concerns
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Yes to need to be concerned about the results ...

ALT is quite high ....AST other main liver enzyme is mildly elevated but the ALT quite high ( we worry more as these may be over 100...more significant elevation )

GGT was moderately elevated ...normal for that is 6 to 50...

Follow up up the liver inflammation and possible causes should be followed up and investigated further ...

Excess TYLENOL can cause ...

Checking to check for hepatitis A, B or C infection should be done ...

Recheck of liver enzymes is indicated

Inflammatory markers are not that high ....

Cholesterol number ...is this total cholesterol in units of mmol/ L ?

3 to 5.5 would be normal range but 6.3 not extreme for that ...

Triglycerides should be noted as high triglycerides could be associated with fatty liver changes as another possible cause ...

Follow up of liver enzymes within a few weeks is needed to determine if liver inflammation is stable / improving/ or worsening ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD