A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Upper right quadrant flutter, pain in my right lower side

Customer Question

Hi there-upper right quadrant flutter, pain in my right lower side that wraps from front to back and a lot of reflux
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries. Anytime I eat anything I get reflux about an hour later. It doesn't seem to matter if it's high in fat or toast for breakfast
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hx of anxiety. I have an iud that's due to be changed in October. My period is 11 days late but the at home test was neg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

Have you seen a medical provider for your reflux?

How long have you had the pains?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They have been occurring for about the last 7 days. I have not seen a provider yet
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The only other time I've ever had reflux in my history is when I was pregnant with my first child

Thanks for the additional information.

There are so very many things that it can be, that you need to see someone in person. Here are the possibilities:

Upper quadrant: reflux, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, lung, heart, muculoskeletal.

Lower quadrant: Bowel (diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohns disease, appendicitis), reproductive (endometriosis, tubal pregnancy, infection, ovarian cyst), etc.

Reflux can be treated readily with medication and lifestyle changes (raised head of the bed, no food 3 hours before bedtime, and avoiding triggers like alcohol, chocolate, soda, fried foods, acidic foods, coffee, etc.), weight loss if overweight, etc.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,