A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I was just talking with a nurse practitioner named Pearl and

Customer Question

Hi I was just talking with a nurse practitioner named Pearl and I had one more question before I continued is it possible to get her back?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Vicki,

I'm not showing any other question than this one. We also don't have an NP named Pearl. So far as I know, I'm the only NP at Just Answer, and my name is Schuyler.

Can you retype your question, please?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey I'm not sure who it was then, I paid five dollars already. I looking for a doctor in network with United healthcare who I could see privately who writes prescriptions for methadone for pain. The last disc of my vertebrae on the left is broken in half and completely disconnected floating in my body I also have sciatica and CFS so doctors have suspected fibromyalgia. I had been seeing a doctor for a few years who put me on Subutex for pain which is just not effective. He also put me on Xanax for my Exide he/panic disorder which I take daily and Am uncomfortable with that he wrote Adderall for ADD or ADHD. I don't longer want to be taking several medications every day but the pain inmy back is debilitating more and more. Sundays, my husband has to help me out of bed and although I know it will loosen it up throughout the day I cannot put my heels on the ground for a while or if feels like my back is breaking each time I do. My orthopedic prescribed me tramadol Per my request. I was still in a great deal of paid so he suggested I switched to Percocet. I declined because I have an addictive personality and was afraid that I would take more than prescribed or abuse it. For this reason, I think methadone is the best option for me. I have a four and a five-year-old, one is crying right now while the other one is not listening to anything. And I am in a great deal of pain . I need to be able to keep me moving and clean the house and take care of my kids and I'm having a difficult time because of the pain and I think I have been over prescribed medication that I didn't even want.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in Bergen County if I did not mention that and I'm looking for someone as local as possible
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?

Yes, I'm here. There is no way to tell who is going to write a prescription for any particular drug. You can call your insurer, and request an appointment with pain management. They are the ones most likely to prescribe opioids such as methadone long term.

Also have you seen a neurologist? If a vertebra is fractured, surgery to repair it might be a possibility, but you would need to be seen and have MRI to tell.

Please let me know what other questions you have about this.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have had an MRI already and yes surgery is the answer eventually. However, I have a four and a five-year-old my husband works all day, my family is in Florida and his parents have passed so I don't have any help there's no way I could be laid up

I'm so sorry your family can't arrange some time to help you. Your insurance may have help for your recovery and even for some home care. They are the only ones who know what the limits of the policy are.

The only way to get an appointment is to call your insurance company and see who is available in pain management. Every insurance company is different and they all have different networks. You need to call the phone number on your United card, since the card for the person next door may reference an entirely different set of what is covered and what doctors are in their network.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there an 800 number I can call please to reach this company I can't find it in contacts and I have not gotten any help I would like my money back

The number you need to call is on your own insurance card. They are the ones who can help you.

Just Answer does not prescribe anything, not even an aspirin, and physicians do not advertise that they prescribe opioids. The vast majority do not. They send the patient to pain management, which is where you need to be seen until you can arrange to have surgery.

If you mean you aren't satisfied with the correct answers I've provided, you can call Just Answer customer service and request a refund. It's the number in the Terms of Service you read before asking your question. You will find it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service

Those of us who spend out time answering customer questions have nothing to do with the financial arrangements a customer makes with Just Answer. All we know is we are not paid for our time unless the customer accepts the answer with a positive rating.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

By the way, here is a list of physicians authorized to prescribe methadone in New Jersey. Just type the town nearest you.

http://methadoneclinic.com/methadone-doctors/new-jersey/