Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

My Mom is 93 yrs old next month. Last night she complained

Customer Question

My Mom is 93 yrs old next month. Last night she complained of her feet hurting so bad that she was panicking. I took her blood (diabetes) it was 189 so I gave her one of her pills plus a pain pill. I also rubbed her feet. Her feet and ankle coloring was good, normal temperature. Within a hour she said it was much better
Now tonight the same thing only she said it was her toes, she is moaning in pain. Just gave her another pain pill. Rub her feet and toes with lotion.
Not sure what is happening
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include electrolytes like potassium/magnesium imbalance,vitamin deficiencies,diabetic neuropathy,venous insufficiency.

She needs to see a neurologist for a comprehensive clinical examination.

Tests like Nerve Conduction Studies will be helpful to ascertain the exact diagnosis.

Such symptoms can be relieved with the help of medications like Gabapentin or Pregabalin.

You can her regular doctor first and if require then a referral to neurologist can be considered.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.